Apple, a company with a lot of lovers, and haters. What if we try to look at it from a neutral point of view :
- They have vision
- They are innovative
- Quality. Ok, now can discuss a lot, but leave to a general other topic together with discussing the good or the bad on Nike, BMW, Bang&Olufsen, Louis Vutton, …
- One base development platform (MS has windows 7, windows mobile and Zune runs on a different CE platform)
- Focus. They do not want everything (as e.g Microsoft), but if they do anything, they go for gold (not that it works all the time)
- Market share. Christmas is comming up, competitors are closing the gap on Iphone as functionalities is concerned and throw in some low prices. However, still a long way to go.
- Keep the one step in front of the competitors. (Luckily Google does not make hardware I would say)
- Iphone sales in China are not that impressive
So, what do we need : something new (as innovative as previously). Enough rumors about the iTablet.
This could be news that pushes the stock to new all-time highs, and even further. If the iTablet does not meet expectations, get out of AAPL (for a while). Very sensitive stock for bad news.